Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hello








I enjoyed this article about weird names today. It's a good article detailing some of the unusual names uncovered in a new book and some of the historical and cultural reasons for the names people give their kids.

On the same page in today's New York Times was this article about the end of the planet. This second article is quite interesting on its own, especially if you enjoy that feeling of awe that you can only get by thinking about space and the impossibly distant future. My juvenile brain, though, happened to notice one unfortunate name in the article, which I probably wouldn't have caught had I not read the other article first. You'll see.

More bad name ideas here, from the co-author of the book I just mentioned.

Oh, and there's a guy on this show right now named Wendell Mendell.

As they say on The Wire, it's all connected.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Actually, no joke, that guy is my dad. :)